Automotive Studies (Pre-Vocational 22015VIC) Cert II & III
This VET program:
- Provides participants with the knowledge and skills to achieve competencies that will enhance their employment prospects in the automotive or automotive-related industries.
- Provides general knowledge and practical workshop skills in motor mechanics, auto electrical, parts interpreting, light engines and engine reconditioning.
Sample Modules (Units 1-4)
- • Carry out industry research
• Apply safe work practices
• Operate electrical test equipment
• Recharge batteries
• Use and maintain workplace tools and equipment
• Remove and replace tyres and wheels
• Remove and replace cylinder head
• Dismantle and assemble carburettor
• Dismantle and assemble 4-stroke multicylinder engine
• Dismantle and assemble fuel pump
• Remove and replace radiator
• Remove and replace clutch assembly
• Remove and replace suspension, front springs
• Participate in basic servicing
• Use and maintain measuring equipment
Day | Time | Venue
Kangan – ACE Automotive Centre of Excellence, Docklands
40 hours / 5 Days.
Interview to discuss program expectations and student suitability.
Students must supply overalls, steel cap boots and safety glasses.
Basic stationery is required for written components.
VCAL counts towards Industry Related Skills strand.
VCE eligible for credit of up to four VCE VET units on their VCE Statement of Results. Students will receive one ATAR increment which is calculated as 10 per cent of the average of the scaled scores of the student’s primary four VCE studies.
PRE-APPRENTICESHIP – Selected electives in the specialist sector that schools and RTOs will consult through the model pre-apprenticeship pathways.