Sport & Recreation (SIS30512) Cert III
Interested in Sport and Recreation? This certificate will provide students with the skills and knowledge to undertake further study to work in the Sport and Recreation industry. Through the partnership between IVET and Victoria University students can follow an established pathway into the Sport and Fitness Diplomas at Victoria University.
Time | Venue
Sandringham College – Bluff Road, Highett
1 year – Units 1 and 2
Units 3 and 4 – to be continued in 2016
Student suitability decided by home school/ referral by home school to program.
Sample Program Outline
– Develop and extend critical thinking skills
– Organise personal work priorities and development
– Apply First Aid
– Use social media tools for collaboration
– Provide customer service
– Respond to emergency situations
– Follow work and safety policies
– Apply legal and ethical coaching practices
– Conduct games and competitions
– Provide fitness orientation and screening
– Instruct and monitor fitness programs
Basic stationery is required for written components and a USB memory drive.
VCAL counts towards Industry Related Skills strand
VCE Eligible for VCE VET units 3 and 4 – increment contributing to the ATAR
Future Employment Opportunities
Recreation officer/ coordinator, gymnasium instructor, personal trainer, recreation officer, community sports manager, leisure/ recreation officer, sports massage, sports psychologist, coach, outdoor education instructor, sports person and exercise physiology.